Cut Scenes

I’ve been wanting to share with you all the finished cut-scenes for my game, IN:Between.

Here they are!

This was probably the most enjoyable process of making the game, because I’ve always wanted to get back into drawing and this gave me the perfect opportunity. These drawings are all hand-drawn by myself, with simple ink and copic pens:

These drawings were then placed into Final Cut Pro, for editing.

While I Breathe

Recently, I have been going through a phase of being inspired to make simple piano and vocal pieces. Probably because I tend to find myself going a bit overboard with my pieces when I get free reign over them…

So this recent piece was based off of three latin phrases that I really liked the sound and meaning of:

“Dum Spiro Spero”

“Dum Cresco Spero”

“Dum Vita Est, Spes Est”

They translate into English to mean:

“While I Breathe, I Hope”

“While I Grow, I Hope”

“While There Is Life, There is Hope”

Hope you enjoy this piece!

Theme of Love

A couple of weeks ago, I came across the monthly composition competition on gametabs.net forums.

Every month, they come up with a theme and all the participants (old and new) compose accordingly to that theme and it can be chip tunes or orchestral arrangements. At the end of the month, everyone votes on their favourites.

This months theme was ‘Love’ and I wanted a little venture away from my game for a little bit (because my mind was beginning to get a bit frazzled!), so I got my composing hat on and off we went.

I went along the route of the ‘Journey of Love’ and it goes through the different stages of love. Hope you like it!

Scripting a Score

For the past few days, I have been presented with the challenge of scripting a “score”, which would count the amount of orbs you collect and for it to be constantly present on the GUI.

Being a complete beginner, I started off with reading a few books on the coding language of C#. so that I would be able to follow tutorials a lot easier and hopefully be able to read lines of code and roughly understand what is happening.

Following that I started to look up tutorials, however, they weren’t all that useful because the code would not fit the context of my game. So I had to adapt lines of code, so that it would work with my game.

The following is the script that I added onto my FPC.

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 16.20.59.png

This script would then allow my FPC to collide with certain game objects and to count them, whilst updating the count text. When a collision is detected, the collided game object will de-activate. After reaching a certain amount of orbs, the win text will then appear on the GUI.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 16.15.30.png

Developing a Game

I’ve been wanting to post about the development of my game for a while now and so, here it is.

Just a bit of context before I get into the details. This will be a completely simple game, so that I can test out the usage of Wwise and Unity. Everything will be done by myself, through just a lot of research and reading up on how to script.

So, far I have just finished terraining and prefab-ing most of the game objects into the scene. It has actually diverged a lot from my original plan of the game. Below is a series of photos showing the development of the game, from my initial sketch to what it is now:

Initial sketch.

First realisation of my initial sketch.

First realisation of my initial sketch.

Current, re-vamped version of the sketch.

Current, re-vamped version of the sketch.

Keep updated with the development of this game! Now onto the scripting.